A verse about the book Stairway to Heaven:
WHAT IF YOU DIED YOUNG
AND FOUND YOURSELF LOST
ON THE STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN.
BUT THE MIST BREAKS
A DARK-WINGED ANGEL STEPS THROUGH.
REID DIED YOUNG TOO
TEN YEARS BEFORE.
HE KNOWS THE SCORE
HE CAN SHOW YOU WHAT HEAVEN'S ABOUT
BUT THE ANGELS OF THE REALM MOVE TO STOP IT...
- What's the next step when you die young? You don't stop existing. You continue to exist in another form and there's an astonishing new realm of experiences that await. You can't go back but the stairway that lies ahead of you is oh-so-intimidating. You don't want to go it alone. You want to make friends. You yearn to make a contribution of some kind. You want to find out what you're really made of, since you didn't have a chance to show your full potential back on earth. You find that heaven's a Second Chance World with rules all its own. You don't want to mess up this time around.
- Frightening but fun and you don't really have to go it alone...within certain boundaries. Not the same as old earth, but not bad, all in all. But then, you have no other choice at this point of your existence. As long as you don't get yourself locked up in the Tower for misconduct and if your wings pop out in good time....
- STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN has themes of early death, angels, and the afterlife. Sixteen-year-old actress with an attitude Minx Reston dies filming a Christmas special when Rudolph the Reindeer kicks her in the head. She finds herself floating above her battered body in a world of gray terrors, alone in a wasteland between earth and the heavenly realms.
- A rescuer is on the way, Reid, who died at age seventeen and will always be seventeen in heaven in his angel form. Bringing more complications of his own. He has important duties as a flyer against demons and rescuing a lost soul isn't one of them. Minx is on a learning curve here where all is new.
- Stairway to Heaven has a satisfying conclusion as a standalone novel that invites at least one sequel, Highway to Heaven.
Cheryle Williams is a freelance creative writer from Pittsburgh PA. She writes sweet young adult fiction for Desert Breeze Publishing. Her first novel is a YA angel paranormal, Stairway to Heaven. Her second is a YA contemporary about teen stress in high school, Strangers in the Province of Joy. Her third, to be released soon, is a YA historical about a Scots-Irish girl on the western Pennsylvania frontier in colonial times, Eden on the Frontier.
Facebook Author Cheryle Williams
The author has created a stylized alternative heaven and populated it with wonderful and convincing characters.
4 1/2 stars and a Golden Crown.
"Sixteen-year-old child actress Minx never thought she would meet her demise on stage - courtesy of an out-of-control reindeer! When Minx finds herself in Heaven, she’s surprised to find she’s alone. No pearly gates or greetings from St. Peter for her. No, she’s stuck in limbo and fading fast since her courier angel didn't know she'd died!
This is how Reid, one of Heavens flyers, finds her. She quickly learns from him that Heaven isn’t all it’s cracked it up to be. Not only can she not look upon Reid for fear of imprinting, there’s sex segregation and three months of orientation! And worse, they’ll never see each other again!For a debut book, the author definitely brings a flare for description in her writing that helps bring her characters to life. Throughout the story the reader is taken on Minx’s soulful and emotional metamorphosis. One sees her transform from a spoiled and narcissistic teen actress into a thoughtful and compassionate young woman.
The trouble is that through much of the book, Minx and Reid’s time is spent apart, which leaves the reader wishing for more interaction and dialogue between two main characters that the author has so giftedly crafted. Ms. Williams is certainly onto a very promising start with her first book. Readers will certainly enjoy the journey the author takes one down as she paints a fluid and colorful picture with her rendition of Heaven. A definite must have, worthy of any angel romance collection!"